2008-06-02

26 Episodes?  

1 talk backs

I know there has been a lot of speculation as to just how many episodes of Grey's Anatomy we'll get this year. First, the rumor was 30 (or more), after it was heard in an interview with Patrick Dempsey. That was quickly put to rest, however, by both ABC (I checked myself) and Ausiello at TVGuide. Both said the episode order was at 24 episodes. But now, I'm reading on TVGuide that Grey's may in fact have an expanded (well, 24 was already expanded, so even more expanded...) season of 26 episodes! This came from James Pickens, Jr. who plays Chief Webber, who says he thinks they're doing 26 episodes next season to make up for what they lost with the strike last season.
I'll try and get this confirmed. Nevertheless, it is great news!
(Now if we could just get them to bump it a little more so we could beat season two's 27 episodes...)

UPDATE [6:34 PM]: I was just told by an ABC spokeswoman that the episode order is currently only at 24.

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



1 talk backs: to “ 26 Episodes?


  • Tuesday, June 03, 2008  

    Given the ratings decline it doesn't surprise me at all that they're not expanding it more.

    I figure if the ratings pick up they'll make one or two of the eps into two hour "events" but I wouldn't expect more than that.